[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA with sieve scripting

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Apr 23 23:41:40 EEST 2005

I also placed dovecot-lda-0.1.tar.gz in http://dovecot.org/test/. It's
also in dovecot-lda module in CVS.

It's based on the same deliver binary that exists in Dovecot's sources,
but I've also plugged in CMU Sieve (mostly because it was the easiest
one to plug in). The code could be much prettier, but it works anyway
:)

I think at some point I'm going to try to make the Sieve stuff a plugin
on top of the normal delivery binary. (Dovecot in general should have
some pretty plugin architecture, so you could just unpack them in some
directory then do ./configure
--with-builtin-plugins=quota-maildir,lda-sieve
--with-external-plugins=sql,ldap,quota-sql)

configure needs --with-dovecot=../dovecot-1.0-test68 option.

So, usage goes like I mentioned in my previous mail (uhm. should put it
into README):

http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2005-March/006512.html

Sieve script is assumed to be in ~/.dovecot.sieve file. It's
automatically compiled to ~/.dovecot.sievec whenever timestamp changes.
If it doesn't exist, mail is stored normally into INBOX.