[Dovecot] INBOX can't be deleted

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Mon Apr 25 19:07:53 EEST 2005

Hi,

surely it can't and it shouldn't. I'm just wondering why a check for
"INBOX" is done in src/imap/cmd-delete.c AND
src/lib-storage/index/maildir/maildir-storage.c. The first is clear
because it gives an imap-error to the client. But for which case is the
check in maildir-sorage.c? Just to be absolutely sure?
The reason for me to ask is, because I need to disable deletions for
five folders: Drafts, Infected, Junk, Sent and Trash. A certain
webmail-interface and spamfilter will rely on these folders, so nobody
shall be able to delete or rename them. First I placed the checks in
cmd-delete.c. Should I place them in maildir-storage.c additionally? In
normal circumstance, the check in maildir-storage.c should never be
reached, right?

Regards
Marten