[Dovecot] Blank lines in mailboxes

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Tue Apr 26 13:02:10 EEST 2005

Hello,

we  use dovecot on a regular basis. Sometimes I end up with a user
telling me he does not get mail. When I look after the problem,
I always find leading blank lines in the mbox file. We are using postfix
with dovecot and amavisd as spam scanner. Amavisd never accesses the
mbox files directly so this can be ruled out. I suspected procmail but
now it happened also with accounts where no procmail is active.
I found only a list thread where this happened always, i.e. it was a
configuration error. (Meaning the mailbox was correct but dovecot would
not read it).
Here ist is only occasionally and therefore hard to track . Does anybody
have the same problem or has hints to a solution ?
We are running postfix 2.1.4 and dc 0.99.10.6  ; just now I am upgrading
to pf 2.2.2. and dc 0.99.14.

Yours,
Jakob Curdes