[Dovecot] libexecdir and localstatedir problem

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Tue Apr 26 14:16:36 EEST 2005

Hello,

 > pkglibexecdir should be easy to override
> without patching makefiles:
>
> make 'pkglibexecdir=$(libexecdir)'

unfortunately, this didn't help. While DESTDIR is undefined and may be
defined externally be setting env-variables, pkglibexecdir is defined
within the makefiles. So even if I'm trying to change it externally,
these values get overwritten by the later processed Makefile-definition.
But it's more a cosmetic issue than a real problem. I'd simply rather
have the binaries in PREFIX/bin than in PREFIX/libexec/dovecot.

Regards
Marten