[Dovecot] 1.0-stable update

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Apr 26 14:17:35 EEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 12:01 +0100, Chris Wakelin wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:57:26 +0300 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 15:51 +0100, Chris Wakelin wrote:
> > > I've not seen the UIDVALIDITY issue in the last few days since using
> > > dovecot-stable-20050422 but I've noticed it takes much longer to open a
> > > message. Looking at protocol dumps, it's taking 3 seconds to do "UID
> > > FETCH xxx (UID RFC822.SIZE BODY[])" and another 3 seconds to do "UID
> > > STORE xxx +Flags (\Seen)" (using Thunderbird). Is this expected as a
> > > result of changing the sync code? Has anybody noticed this with
> > > 1.0-test67/68? (I might try and build test68 and see!)
> >
> > I did some changes to it and updated the tarball, maybe it works better
> > now?
>
> It seems worse. It's getting into a sync_loop (logging "sync_loop XX"
> where XX increases) for 20 minutes with my 7191-message INBOX (I
> believe in giving it a thorough test!).

Oops, I forgot the debug message in there :) It's slow because master
process starts slowing down the log writing and causing imap process to
block on log output.

You could grep for i_info line in src/lib-storage/index/mbox/mbox-sync.c
and remove it. I'll update the tarball also.

> Then when a new message arrived, it's doing it again :o

Do you have mbox_dirty_syncs = yes, or did you change mailbox before
that? Within same SELECT, it should normally just read just the first
and last two messages when new mail arrives..