[Dovecot] Basic configuration problem "not a directory"

Einar Flesaker einar at flesaker.no
Tue Apr 26 18:05:45 EEST 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 12:10:27PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> The format of passwd is:
> user:password:uid:gid:(gecos):home:(shell):flags:mail
> You're missing the gecos field. Just add extra ':' between 513 and home
> dir.

Thanks. I've cleaned it up, I've also mailed the author of
http://adminspotting.net/howtos/postfixvirtual2.html about this, I
inherited the bug from his guide :)

Still wondering what I need to do to get it fully functional, I still
get a "-ERR No INBOX for user." error message, for a maildirfolder that
has both cur, new and tmp and correct permissions as far as I can
see.

[root at server log]# telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK dovecot ready.
user einar at domain.com
+OK