[Dovecot] dovecot 0.99.xx to 1.0-stable how-to?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Apr 26 22:23:04 EEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 11:51 -0400, Rich West wrote:
> I realize that there have been some big changes in features and
> configuration file settings between 0.99.xx and 1.0-stable, so when I
> went to perform an upgrade on our testing server, I carefully combed
> through the configuration files and matched up everything I could.
>
> I fired up dovecot-1.0-stable and was pleased to see that it was happily
> running.  I attempted to connect to it, and discovered that it wasn't
> listening to any ports.. then I realized that the app had crashed due to
> a typo in the config file (oops).  Fixed that, started it up, and it was
> happily running and listening.

Getting a few minutes old 1.0-stable would also be useful to avoid the
mbox performance problems that I managed to put into it a few days
ago :)

> However, it wouldn't authenticate any users..  Backing down to the
> 0.99.14 version that we had installed allowed for authentication
> (against ldap) to work just fine..
>
> Is there anything that I should be looking for within the
> dovecot-1.0-stable that is dramatically different in regards to user
> authentication?

Here's something:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/moin.cgi/UpgradingDovecot

But I don't think there was supposed to be any LDAP changes. If you set
auth_verbose = yes, what does it say the problem is?