[Dovecot] headers don't match message

Brian Bartholomew bb at stat.ufl.edu
Wed Apr 27 00:13:48 EEST 2005

Gregory Bond <gnb at itga.com.au> wrote:

> I see this a lot using Thunderbird & an old-ish dovecot (test-46 I
> think).  it is triggered by leaving thunderbird connected at work,
> going home and accessing the same IMAP server from mutt at home.  If
> I use mutt in read-only mode it's fine, but if I delete any messages
> in mutt, then the work Thunderbird gets very very confused.

I'm using one of the stable 1.0 releases for 184 accounts on Gentoo
Linux on Sparc.  I too am seeing the message header/body mismatch in
Thunderbird.  Is the index file handling sufficiently robust against
surprises that I can delete the dovecot index files every night out
from under the logged-in imap sessions?
							Brian