[Dovecot] cutting everything after @

Simon Waters simonw at zynet.net
Wed Apr 27 14:51:29 EEST 2005

On Wednesday 27 Apr 2005 11:50 am, Juraj Bednar wrote:

>  Is there a way to allow this type of login? Just cut everything
>  beginning with @. I can change the source code, but then I don't get
>  nice automatic upgrades.

You can just specify this when creating the query for the dovecot mysql
interface, it has a predefined pattern (%n) for username part of
username at domain, which you can use in the query.

Debian dovecot package includes a dovecot-mysql.conf that explains this in
sufficient detail for most purposes.

Strangely enough I've just been doing the exact opposite with Postfix and
Postfix virtual users...

>  Or can this be done easily with PAM?

Can anything be done "easily" in PAM? ;)

Probably - I'd have no idea where to start.