[Dovecot] Migrating from courier-imap to dovecot

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Sat Apr 30 11:00:23 EEST 2005

Hello Gang,

I am new to dovecot and the only reason (so far) I would like to use
dovecot, and in production with 12k+ users, is the fact that it's
supposed to be faster and less of a resource hog.

Now, sometimes I am really good at reading the documentations but it
sometimes happens that one overlooks something. I did read the migration
notes three times!

My users are in /etc/passwd and I am running dovecot in IMAP only
mode.

I did put default_mail_env = maildir:~/Maildir in dovecot.conf, then
for one user, I did the following:

cd ~wash/Maildir
cp courierimapsubscribed .subscriptions # Then I edited to remove "INBOX."
cp courierimapuiddb dovecot-uidlist

The permissions are right, but when I login as this user, I don't see
all the folders that had been there before when he was using
courier-imap!!

When I login to the web interface (we use Squirrelmail) and go to the
Folder options, I can't see any folders to subscribe to either!

Now my questions:

1. What am I overlooking??
2. Does someone have a script that can be used to automate the copying
   of courierimapsubscribed to .subscriptions and that of
   courierimapuiddb to dovecot-uidlist, and the editing to remove the
   "INBOX."?
   I am sure I really don't have to reinvent the wheel, no?

Meanwhile I am hitting google, while waiting for your answers.

Thanks in advance.

-Wash

    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <wash at wananchi.com>
Zzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ | Wananchi Online Ltd.   www.wananchi.com
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121