[Dovecot] Moving folder issue

Andrew Hutchings info at a-wing.co.uk
Mon Aug 1 23:10:02 EEST 2005

Hi,

My wife who has thousands of IMAP boxes keeps getting errors when moving
mailboxes in Thunderbird in Windows.  I am using the same server
(dovecot test 77) with Thunderbird in Linux and don't see the problem.
What happens is she moves the mail box and Thunderbird comes up with an
error saying it can't access the old box (odd!?).  It has however
completed the move.  The following is what I got from logging, any ideas?:

in log:
1843 lsub "" "eBay.Sales - Current.Ready to post.lollipop letters.*"
1844 close
1845 rename "eBay.Sales - Current.Ready to post.lollipop letters"
"eBay.Sales - Complete.lollipop letters"
1846 subscribe "eBay.Sales - Complete.lollipop letters"
1847 unsubscribe "eBay.Sales - Current.Ready to post.lollipop letters"
1848 select "eBay.Sales - Complete.lollipop letters"

out log:
1843 OK Lsub completed.
1844 OK Close completed.
1845 OK Rename completed.
1846 OK Subscribe completed.
1847 OK Unsubscribe completed.
1848 NO Internal error occured. Refer to server log for more
information. [2005-08-01 20:59:50]

server log:
Aug  1 20:59:50 sever dovecot: IMAP(natalie): stat() failed with file
/home/natalie/Maildir/.eBay.Sales - Current.Ready to post.lollipop
letters/dovecot.index.log: No such file or directory

Regards
Andrew
--
Andrew Hutchings (A-Wing) - Linux Guru