[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0-test77 endless loop hang

Todd Vierling tv at duh.org
Tue Aug 2 00:32:25 EEST 2005

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Todd Vierling wrote:

> Below is a rawlog dump showing what is going back and forth.  After fetching
> the second message, the imap process pegs the CPU and sends no more data.

FYI, using a command line --exec-mail invocation, I can trigger the hang
using only the commands:

0000000c SELECT INBOX
00000010 FETCH 3:3 (BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Received)] BODYSTRUCTURE)

BUT, taking out either the BODY.PEEK or BODYSTRUCTURE arguments, the fetch
works just fine without hanging.  As a shot in the dark, I changed file
times and nuked the indexes to regen UIDs, and it is still this same message
which freezes up -- under its new UID.

Timo, I can send the complete offending mail to you as a uuencoded raw copy
if needed; contact me offlist if so.