[Dovecot] postfix+dovecot+sieve?

Reuben Farrelly reuben-dovecot at reub.net
Fri Aug 5 00:20:12 EEST 2005

Hi Jon,

On 5/08/2005 8:37 a.m., Jon Salz wrote:
> Quick newbie question... is anybody using postfix+dovecot+sieve?
> Postfix doesn't natively support Sieve, and neither does Dovecot, so I'm
> not quite sure how to simply add Sieve to my configuration.  Thanks in

Look at the dovecot lda, as it allows you to both filter using sieve rules and
pre-build the indexes at delivery time rather than when the client accesses
the mailbox.  It's in latest -test releases, but also has a separate tag in
CVS.  Search list archives for more info about it, also some basic information
in the wiki.

If you're looking for an alternative, there is mvmf http://www.mvmf.org/ which
is also pretty good (and in my experience seems slightly less buggy).

reuben