[Dovecot] Resource temporarily unavailable?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Aug 7 16:06:58 EEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 17:19 -0400, Todd Burroughs wrote:
> > One thing I'd like to suggest is that this error would be better if it had
> > more information about what resource wasn't available.
>
> The error is EAGAIN caused from the socket() system call.

Are you sure? My Linux's man page or UNIX98 man page doesn't say that
socket() could ever return EAGAIN. If it's out of file descriptors or
something else, it should return EMFILE or ENFILE.

connect() however can return EAGAIN:

       EAGAIN No  more free local ports or insufficient entries in the routing
              cache. For PF_INET see the  net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range  sysctl
              in ip(7) on how to increase the number of local ports.

It can't be about local ports since UNIX sockets don't use ports.