[Dovecot] Mail disappearing

John R. Dennison jrd-dovecot at gerdesas.com
Wed Aug 10 02:13:10 EEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 08:42:07PM +0100, Obantec Support wrote:
> Hi
>
> Yes a user reported this tonight. 30MB of emails gone! not happy and wants
> me to restore from backup. ( i had to explain we only backup website data).

	Are you sure that the user's POP client is not set to remove
	mail from the server?  This sounds like a user related issue and
	not necessarily a dovecot issue.

							John

--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to

"My other computer is your windows box."
                                     Ralf Hildebrandt