[Dovecot] vpopmail directory permissions denied

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 21:09:46 EEST 2005

On Thursday 2005-August-11 12:53, bclements at io-networks.com wrote:
> I've moved from a postfix setup to a qmail/vpopmail setup

Being experienced with both, I can tell you this was a bad idea. What
was the reasoning behind it?

> This is using 99.14 and

1.0-stable is recommended.

> the latest vpopmail/qmail

"The latest qmail" was A.D. 2001.

> I looked at the directory structure and everything is there.
>
> The dovecot log file says something about permissions denied.

Then the permissions are probably wrong. The dovecot user has to have
permissions to read and write the files and directories created by
vpopmail.

I would strongly suggest that you learn the basics of Unix file
permissions before proceeding.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header