[Dovecot] hangs on dovecot test77, mutt

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at gadot.fdns.net
Fri Aug 12 18:38:15 EEST 2005

Hi

My toy mail server runs dovecot. My client is mutt, which I use normally
use a a remote screen session. I normally connect to imap locally:

  account-hook imap://localhost/ 'set tunnel="/usr/local/bin/imap-local"'

After a long frustration from the new mail notification in 0.99, I have
decided to bite the bullet and try the -test series. Ever since I have
not had stable mutt sessions.

Occasionally mutt hangs on the imap connection. Usually when openning a
new mailbox. But sometimes even when closing an existing mailbox.
Occasionally mutt will even crash (which is annoying, but certainly not
a bug of dovecot).

How do I debug this?