[Dovecot] Dovecot Deliver?

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Wed Aug 17 04:04:32 EEST 2005

Tomi Hakala wrote:

> Now you can find some at http://wiki.dovecot.org/moin.cgi/LDA

Looks very nice, thanks.

But some questions remain:
The LDA seems to need /var/run/dovecot/auth-master, which isn't provided
 by default by dovecot. Do I need to change my dovecot.conf so that I
have a "socket listen { master ... client }" part? Is this going into
the "auth default" I already have or into a new auth section?
dovecot-auth is running chrooted, will this interfere with the
master/client concept, so I have to change the socket path to be in the
chrooted directory?

And I wonder if this LDA is really a good way to go. I dumped maildrop
to save the overhead of fork/exec for every message delivery, but
deliver (after strip) is about double the size of maildrop. AFAIK, Cyrus
uses LMTP for delivery, which does not have this downside.