[Dovecot] 2nd postgresql server to connect when 1st fail

Krzysztof A. Adamski mr_K at interia.pl
Wed Aug 17 12:58:11 EEST 2005

Dnia Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:19:28 +0300, Timo Sirainen napisał(a):

> On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 10:57 +0200, Krzysztof A. Adamski wrote:
> > Thanks for your answer, i have another if it's no problem for U.
> > What about MultipleAuth in Dovecot 1.0. Can i make something like
> > this?:
> >
> > auth default {
> >   mechanisms = plain
> >
> >   passdb sql {
> >     args = /etc/dovecot-sql-1.conf
> >   }
> >   passdb sql {
> >     args = /etc/dovecot-sql-2.conf
> >   }
>
> I suppose that will work.. :) Of course that means that for failed
> authentications it asks from both of the servers then.

It will be enough for start i think. But how long will it take to
decide that 2nd database should be used (i mean. how big is timeout
for database connection?). And.. maybe there is a way to do something
similiar in 0.99.14 ? I dont need really great solution but buckup
connection if main wont work. Problems with first database shouldn't
take too long so 2nd server will always be only temporary solution.
I just need something like:

if(!conect_to_db(host1))
{
	if(!connect_to_db(host2))