[Dovecot] test80: assert/core debug info

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Aug 17 17:16:51 EEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 07:26 -0400, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
> Timo,
>
> Thank you, the patch solved the problem of core dumps and asserts.
> There have been none in the last eight hours since I applied the
> patch.  The syslog output has much fewer complaints.  There are occasional
> mail.error syslog warnings like:
>
> IMAP(user): UIDs broken with partial sync in mbox file /var/mail/user
>
> and one occurance of:
>
> IMAP(user): mbox sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox /var/mail/user (195 > 34, seq=2, idx_msgs=31)
>
> Anything to worry about?

They aren't exactly good, but shouldn't really happen either. The first
one is completely transparent to users, the second one probably send
some error to client.

If you can figure out a way to reproduce any of these, I'd like to know.
I haven't seen them myself for a long time.

Although if locking is set wrong, these can happen. Can your users
access the mboxes directly or using some other software than Dovecot?