[Dovecot] Dovecot deliver - direct IMAP folder delivery.

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Thu Aug 18 01:05:48 EEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 02:36:05PM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:

> I've had this feature on my email server for several years and never had
> anyone ask about turning it off. In fact it never occurred to me that
> someone wouldn't want it.

Yeah, I probably have a number of admin-type decisions like that too :-)
Sometimes people just assume "that's the way things work," and you don't
get feedback about alternatives.  In fact that's often frustrating.

> If you don't want to use it you just wouldn't
> have anyone email you to your unpublished folder addresses.

That's not really a great alternative, though, unless I misunderstand
you... which is likely.  Extended addresses (subaddresses, what-have-you)
are good; being able to file them the way you (as an end user) want them
filed is good; having the admin say "don't use them if you don't want
them filed the way I tell you to" is not as good.

My perspective, anyway.  OTOH I often tend to think that users want
more control than they really do.

mm