[Dovecot] Dovecot Deliver?

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Thu Aug 18 02:13:38 EEST 2005

Timo Sirainen wrote:

Ok, converted my Exim filter file to Sieve (which I probably should have
used with Exim anyway) and everything seems to work fine.

Only that
... deliver creates an empty directory "mail" in the virtual user's
home. I have only "mail = maildir:%h/Maildir" (same as default_mail_env
in dovecot.conf). Harmless, but a little disturbing.

... is there a way to get reasonable logging? "use_syslog" is a little
strange:
Aug 18 00:30:09 ymmv deliver: entered bc_action_emit with filelen: 16
Aug 18 00:30:09 ymmv deliver: entered bc_action_emit with filelen: 104
Aug 18 00:30:09 ymmv deliver: entered bc_action_emit with filelen: 116
Aug 18 00:30:09 ymmv deliver: entered bc_action_emit with filelen: 200
[...]

Something like "message <$MSGID> for $USER: $action" where $action is a
list of performed actions: fileinto some.folder, fileinto
another.folder, redirect who at ever, discard, keep, implicit keep.
I'd understand if this might be not very high on your priority list,
though...