[Dovecot] Still crashing with test-80

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Thu Aug 18 20:56:21 EEST 2005

Matt,
Having gone thru this recently with the test80 assert crash, it really
helps if you compile dovecot with gcc and "-g -O" for the compiler
options.  This gets symbol debug information into the core dump.
Yes, gcc will optimize and give symbol table info too.

I went thru a procedure of getting gcc and gdb updated to 4.0.1 and
6.3 on my system, before rebuilding dovecot.

When I actually did a debug of the core dump, I had the dovecot source
code open in a second window so I could at least query on relevant
variables and hopefully provide Timo with some useful variable settings
at the time of the crash.  I must have done something right, because
Timo got the crash fixed in one patch!

Jeff Earickson
Colby College