[Dovecot] Re: Sig11 and some corrupted indexes after 1.0-stable -> 1.0.alpha1

Ben Beuchler insyte at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 19:07:07 EEST 2005

> Aug 29 09:07:35 cliff dovecot: child 22484 (imap) killed with signal 11
> Aug 29 09:07:36 cliff dovecot: child 22488 (imap) killed with signal 11
>
> I don't see any other errors in the logs around those messages.

A co-worker reported to me an error when attempting to copy a message
to the "Trash" folder.  Squirrelmail reported this:

ERROR : Connection dropped by imap-server.
Query: COPY 243 "Trash"

I asked him to reproduce this while watching the logs.  As soon as he
deleted the message (and squirrelmail attempted to move it to the
"Trash" folder) I saw one of the above entries.

This is the message in question:
http://cliff.mcad.edu/dovecot_bad_message.txt

It seemed to be happening with other messages, too, but that's the
only one I identified absolutely.

I dropped back to 1.0-stable and the segfaults stopped and IMAP became
speedy again.

-Ben