[Dovecot] After restart dovecot do not serves IMAPS anymore

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Dec 2 15:00:28 EET 2005

On 22.11.2005, at 08:34, Marian Hercek wrote:

> I tried openssl s_client -connect localhost:993 and it said only
> CONNECTED(00000003).
>
> A time ago when everything was OK, the listing after connection was "a
> bit" longer than it is now.
>
> I remember there was "OK, dovecot ready" or something like that.

Yea, there should be.

> Of course in /etc/dovecot.conf:
> protocols = imaps
> imaps_listen = *
> ssl_disable = no

Looks like it's 0.99.x Dovecot. No idea what the problem is, but I'd
suggest upgrading to 1.0alpha. It might have it already fixed, or give
better error message (you did check the log if there are any errors?).

Or my other guess would be that something else is listening in port
993, eg. something has added itself to inetd?