[Dovecot] Bugtracking system

Dan Hollis test3943395 at anime.net
Tue Dec 6 22:34:56 EET 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Glenn Leavell wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 08:09:09PM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 10:57 -0500, Glenn Leavell wrote:
>>> Back in April, there was a little discussion about the possibility of using
>>> a bug tracking system for Dovecot (Bugzilla, Trac, and Mantis were
>>> mentioned).  Do you think it might be time to revisit that?
>> Still would be a good idea. Hmm. Last I tried, Trac didn't want to get
>> installed without SVN. Mantis requires MySQL and I'd rather avoid that.
>> So, would it be Bugzilla then? It seems to nowadays support PostgreSQL
>> and it's kind of a standard everywhere. :)
> If that's what you're comfortable with, then that sounds great to me.  I
> know that a lot of us are certainly experienced with *using* it.

Please, no bugzilla. It's top-heavy and really cumbersome to use.

Mantis has a much better interface, and is much more straightforward to
configure and use. Please save the database elitism for the
linux-vs-freebsd and atari-vs-commodore flame lists where those
discussions belong.

I've used and setup a _lot_ of different bugtrackers extensively and
mantis sucks the least. And I have used some which _really_ suck.

-Dan