[Dovecot] Bugtracking system

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Dec 7 00:17:24 EET 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 14:12 -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, seth vidal wrote:
> >> as for security issues -- both bugzilla and mantis have had
> >> vulnerabilities. bugzilla is not an automatic win simply because it's not
> >> php.
> > all things that don't use php are a win.
>
> as stated before, this elitism belongs on an linux-vs-freebsd list. by
> logical extension of your assertion, dovecot should be written in java.
> please, let's not go there.

umm, what the hell? It's not elitism. It has nothing to do with being
elite or better. It has to do with picking languages based on their
security history and development style. Php has a bad security history
and a kinda scary development style. And I have no idea why you'd think
I'd suggest anything EVER be written in java.

I'll gladly back the hell away from this conversation as you appear to
have gone 'round the twist.

-sv