[Dovecot] Re: corrupt attachments

Ellen Clary ellen at dgi.com
Wed Dec 7 19:22:32 EET 2005

The order appears to be very important, as we were having mailbox
corruption problems.
When I switched our dovecot.conf file locking style and order to match
"procmail -v" things got a lot better.  Unfortunately, Netscape and
Thunderbird still get confused from time to time and we have to remove
the user's INBOX.msf and have the mailer make a new one.

One fix was to move Netscape Junk mail folder to the local disk, but
that probably doesn't apply in your case.

While I love how easy Dovecot is to set up and manage, I find that it's
much picker and touchier than UW imap.  (Not that I miss the "Do Not

Ellen Clary
Senior System Administrator
Dynamic Graphics