[Dovecot] Dovecot auth patch updated for Postfix 2.3-20051121

Udo Rader udo.rader at bestsolution.at
Fri Dec 9 00:22:24 EET 2005

Am Freitag, den 25.11.2005, 05:39 -0600 schrieb /dev/rob0:
> Once again I have updated Timo's auth patch for Postfix 2.2.1 to work
> with a 2.3 snapshot. It applied cleanly and compiled and is running for
> me, but is not really tested.
>
> This is Timo's code, not mine. All I did was manually edit in the
> rejects from the old patch. Find it here if you're interested:
>
> http://www.nodns4.us/postfix-2.3-20051121-dovecot-auth.patch.gz
>
> md5sum:
> 6f01782a118f5407f1ed40f4714504cd  postfix-2.3-20051121-dovecot-auth.patch.gz
>
> The original patch is here:
>
> http://dovecot.org/patches/postfix/postfix-2.2.1-dovecot-auth.patch

I've tried to get an answer about this on the postfix ML, but as this is
really dovecot related I'll try here as well:

What is the purpose of this patch? Does this indeed enable postfix to
access dovecot's SASL implementation and thus allowing to get rid of
Cyrus SASL?

And if so, how does one implement/configure this? I did not find
anything in the wiki and thus would be willing to share my experience.

Regards

Udo Rader

--
BestSolution.at EDV Systemhaus GmbH