[Dovecot] Hi everyone .. need some pro-dovecot arguments :-)

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Tue Dec 13 23:56:57 EET 2005

Florian Schnabel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so i want to change our mailserver (currently using ipop3 and uw-imap)
> to dovecot ... now my boss seems to favour cyrus.

Anecdotal evidence on this list suggests Dovecot will significantly reduce your
server load compared with uw-imap.  I couldn't say, Dovecot is the only IMAP
server I've put into production.

And the main reason for that was it was so _simple_ to get it up and running...
and running... and running...

Which I consider two great plusses - it's simple to set up, and it just keeps
running.

Oh, and I got POP3 in the mix, free!

--
Curtis Maloney