[Dovecot] Two-phase delete/expunge ?

Jan-Piet Mens jpm at retail-sc.com
Fri Dec 16 11:28:28 EET 2005

Is it possible to have messages which have been marked for
deletion or which are to be expunged, moved into a "secret"
directory on the IMAP server? The IMAP client would consider
the message as deleted, but an administrator could easily
restore single messages (without having to retrieve tapes)
by moving the message back into inbox.

I understand there are patches floating around somewhere
enabling that for Cyrus, but I'd love to see Dovecot do
that as well. Is anyone aware of such functionality?

Thanks,
	-JP