[Dovecot] Dovecot & pam_mkhomedir

Chris Wakelin c.d.wakelin at reading.ac.uk
Fri Dec 16 15:20:15 EET 2005

Looks like you're using version 1.0-stable (judging by the passdb/authdb
option format). I'd recommend upgrading to 1.0alpha5 (which, actually,
is probably more stable!). One of the features added to 1.0 alphas is a
"-session" option to PAM authentication

passdb pam {
  # [-session] [cache_key=<key>] [<service name>]
  #
  # -session makes Dovecot open and immediately close PAM session. Some
  # PAM plugins need this to work.
  #
}

which ought to trigger your mkhomedir module.

Best Wishes,
Chris

--
Christopher Wakelin,                           c.d.wakelin at reading.ac.uk
IT Services Centre, The University of Reading,  Tel: +44 (0)118 378 8439
Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 2AF, UK              Fax: +44 (0)118 975 3094