[Dovecot] postfix, dovecot, sasl deliver error

Tracy Phillips tracy.phillips at rackeasy.com
Tue Dec 27 03:34:48 EET 2005

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Then this isn't needed, and also then it works. :) The problem is that
> only root has access to /var/run/dovecot directory.

I just realized that I didn't reply to the mailing list...

Timo,

Thanks for the pointer... I have been configuring this this everywhich
way but loose :)

I made the changes and now I have nothing in any of my configs that
point to /var/run/dovecot/auth-master and I still get the same error,
even after rebooting the server.

Dec 26 17:55:12 example postfix/pipe[585]: E2F855C32:
to=<tep at example.com>, relay=dovecot, delay=13, delays=12/0.05/0/0.09,
dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: Error:
net_connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-master) failed: Permission denied )

I have read the wiki and searched the mail archives with no luck yet.
Could it be something in the postfix build?

Thanks again,

Tracy