[Dovecot] alpha5: (message_body_search_ctx) assert

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Dec 31 15:13:11 EET 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 10:41 -0500, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
> Hi,
>    My second case of this assert, gdb analysis of the core
> dump attached.  My setup: Solaris 9, dovecot built with
> gcc 4.0.2, mbox format, imap usage only.  INBOX is NFS
> mounted from another Solaris 9 system, index files are local.
> Syslog complaint is:
>
> imap(user): file message-body-search.c: line 414 (message_body_search_ctx):
> assertion failed: (input->v_offset == part->physical_pos +
> part->header_size.physical_size)

This happens if message headers are modified in mbox. Looks like in your
case something added 30 bytes there. Could there be something else
besides Dovecot modifying the mbox? Or if Dovecot added/modified some
headers that aren't hidden, I'd like to know about that too. The hidden
headers are: Content-Length, Status, X-IMAP, X-IMAPbase, X-Keywords,
X-Status and X-UID. Hmm. Maybe X-UIDL should be added to that list..
Yes, I'll do that.

Anyway, I think I should also add some checks for this instead of
letting it assert-crash..