[Dovecot] Multiple auth sections, stable branch - 7/2/05

Andrew Hutchings mail at a-wing.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 23:22:28 EET 2005

Hi,

Great job with the dovecot 1.0 stable branch, much more stable than the
test57 I was using.  Only one slight oddity, I know multiple auth
sections is not stable yet but I am finding that one auth section at
random is being ignored at login time (acknowledges it at startup).  The
auth section that is ignored is the same each time, but different on
each server I use it on and changes at random after modifying the
dovecot.conf file.  Used both my test57 (hacked to remove the auth
command) conf file and a new one I created using today's stable branch
conf file.
I sorted a work around by duplicating the failing auth sectio with a
different name in each server and it works great! :)
If this is easy thing to fix, great, you are still our hero either way
Timo, you have made our mail server -> cluster migrations much less
painless.

Regards
Andrew
--