[Dovecot] Corrupted index file w/Procmail in FC2

Edgardo Pezoa epezoa at safp.cl
Tue Feb 8 19:42:57 EET 2005

Hello:

We have a Fedora Core 2 (FC2) server with Dovecot and Procmail. Versions
are:

dovecot-0.99.13-4.FC2
procmail-3.22-13

We use "maildir" below home directory like:
/users/operaciones/epezoa/maildir, where "epezoa" is my account.

If I receive an e-mail, is stored at "new" folder. When I try to get
e-mail from server, message is transfered from "new" folder to "cur"
folder, but I can't see my e-mail and Dovecot generates a "Corrupted
index file" in log file:

Feb  8 14:02:34 dlp1 pop3(epezoa): Corrupted index file
/users/operaciones/epezoa/maildir/.INBOX/.imap.index: index.next_uid
(14836) > uid_rec.uid (14825)

But, If I receive another e-mail (at "new" folder) and I try to get
messages, I get both.

My clients are Mozilla (with "pop3") and Squirrel (from another server
with "imaps"). Both have same behavior, so I think client is not
involved in this problem.

MTA is Postfix, but all accounts works well, except who use Procmail.

I read about locking in Procmail and Dovecot and I think locking may
produce this problem, but I can't find what's wrong. I upgraded dovecot
from dovecot-0.99.10-5 to try fix this.

Thanks in advance,
--
Edgardo Pezoa