[Dovecot] login: Missing protocol from server name 'imap'

Magnus Holmgren holmgren at lysator.liu.se
Sat Feb 19 21:03:44 EET 2005

Peter Franck wrote:
> I also tried the 0.99 and hacking login-process.c, with no success.
> It seems to expect a slash delimited string like 'name/protocol' and it
> just gets "imap" there, but I didn't figure out where this string comes
> from or what it ought to be.

IIRTCC, the string comes from login-common/main.c:master_connect(),
which is called from login-common/main.c:main(), where it's constructed
by taking the filename component of the executable ("imap-login") and
removing the part after the hyphen (yielding "imap"). Since the filename
component can't contain a slash, this looks like a slight oversight when
changing the the configuration format.

You can use the --group= parameter to give imap-login what the master
process wants ("default/imap", I guess).

--
Magnus Holmgren