[Dovecot] apple mail, and mails marked as deleted

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Tue Feb 22 00:36:28 EET 2005

Joerg Lentsch wrote:
> hi,
>
> is this a feature or a bug in conjunction with apple mail. i usually use
> the feature in imap to not delete the emails, but only mark them as
> deleted, which is a very usefull feature if you use a emailbox with more
> people accessing it. Im now trying an SME server installation with
> dovecot 0.99.10, and when i delete a message, it gets marked as deletet,
> but as soon as i change the mailbox the mail gets also expunged from it.
> is this a bug fixed in the newer dovecot releases ? or is this a feature
> that i can configure ?

My suspicions here would fall on your mail client.  When I first installed
Dovecot and transitioned the company to IMAP, people had deleted mails hanging
about all the time (nobody knew about Expunging :).  However, several clients
have "expunge on exit" options.

Can I ask why you're using such an old version?  There have been numerous bug
fixes between 0.99.10 and 0.99.14...

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net