[Dovecot] Newby Question

Troy Bull troy.bull at uni.edu
Fri Feb 25 19:50:26 EET 2005

Hello

I just setup my IMAP server and everything works great, except for 1
small detail.

I am upgrading from uwashington's imap server, and in theirs I had to
put a directory "mail" in for the imap folder (this is on the client).
The problem I have is with dovecot this makes an extra level (I think).

So on my server ~/mail is where the mail folder is located, but when the
client puts in the "mail" for the imap server directory dovecot looks in
and creates folders in ~/.mail/mail.

This is a problem for me because I have many clients and I would have to
go reconfigure each one.

My question is this, is there a way to make dovecot look in ~/ so that
when combined with the imap folder from the client it ends up in ~/mail?

I hope that is clear enough, I was thinking maybe I need to set
default_mail_env, but i have no idea to what?

Thanks in advance
Troy