[Dovecot] imap client library.

DINH Viet Hoa dinh.viet.hoa at free.fr
Thu Jan 6 01:05:14 EET 2005

Oon Arfiandwi M. wrote :

> - Is there any difference if we want to create imap client
>   that connect to Imap server with user mail format
>   Mailbox or Maildir?
>   Dovecot support both of them, are we need to create
>   different imap client to support both of them?

no difference in theory and hopefully in pratical.

> - Does anyone have imap client library other than
>   UW's c-client?

libEtPan! - http://www.etpan.org
UW-IMAP - http://www.washington.edu/imap
GNU MailUtils - http://www.gnu.org/software/mailutils

On homepage of libEtPan!, I give some comments on each of them.
However, I did not comment on libEtPan! ;)

interesting point in libEtPan! - object oriented even if it's C language
Try to give a simpler API than UW-IMAP.
problems: synchronous calls.

--
DINH V. Hoa,

"c'est un peu comme les crampons au foot au début t'as des ampoules
    et après non" -- sunZ