[Dovecot] dovecot-auth zombie procs

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 10 20:29:53 EET 2005

How often dovecot-auth restarts? Do you actually see it as a zombie in
ps list? Or do you see multiple ones?

If the dovecot-auth process keeps restarting, there must be something in
log files about it. In that case it's probably some library
incompatibility problem.

If dovecot-auth keeps creating child processes, it's not Dovecot itself
which is creating them. Maybe some library, such as LDAP or SASL.