[Dovecot] Re: dovecot Digest, Vol 21, Issue 24: vacation messages

Ted Knab tjk at annapolislinux.org
Fri Jan 14 15:42:53 EET 2005

Normally, the vacation message works with the default mail server (MTA).
In my case, I use the vacation program. Postfix delivers to the local
mail user and if they have a .forward with the vacation info on it gets
called.
For a truly virtual setup that does not require unique uids
on the filesystem there is  gnarwl. Gnarwl is a program written in C
that does vacation messages for virtual users.
It works with Postfix, which is simplier that sendmail. :)