[Dovecot] Disallow creation of (sub) folders

Remy Zandwijk remy.zandwijk at falw.vu.nl
Tue Jan 18 14:52:51 EET 2005

Hi.

Is there a way to prevent users from creating new mailboxes?

In our setup, we've several standard mailboxes (maildir format).
Users should use these and only these.

I allready tried to chown the base directory, e.g.
/var/mailstore/r/remy/, to root, and delivery still works then,
but procmail chown's this back to the users' name. I have a
workaround by using symlinks, but I think this is a lame
solution.

Another question: when is Dovecot 1.0 supposed to be released for
production purposes?

Regards,

	Remy Zandwijk