[Dovecot] maildir and /var/spool/mail/$USER

Rob Campbell poohba at blkpoohba.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 28 18:09:54 EET 2005

Well, I have been using FC1 and i just saved the info and copied it over.
So I saved /home and copied it over when I installed FC3 onto the new
machine.  I guess I was using cyrus when in FC1, I don't know I didn't
check it worked the way I needed so I didn't investigate.  So everyone's
inbox was /var/spool/mail/$USER and all their mail 'folders' were in
~/mail ie. sent-messages and any other folders they would have created.
We all used PINE most of the time.  So I would like to keep that setup.  I
use sendmail.  I guess I can use maildir=~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u.
I will try that and see what happens.  Right now I have mail in my inbox
but I can't access it other than from pine.