[Dovecot] Binc IMAP "IMAPdir" style layout

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jul 4 01:32:33 EEST 2005

On 4.7.2005, at 01:27, Martin Lucina wrote:

> tss at iki.fi said:
>>> 1) The ability to easily access all my mail using a command line
>>> Maildir
>>> capable client such as nail, for when I'm connection over a
>>> super-slow
>>> SSH over GPRS connection.  Also, I can actually see my folders (and
>>> their subfolders) without having to look for Maildir++ style names
>>> with
>>> 'ls -a' (e.g. Maildir/.subfolder/).
>>
>> This can't be currently done. Shouldn't be too difficult to hack the
>> code to do it though. I might add support for it sometimes after v1.0
>> release.
>
> Can you give me a pointer to where this change would have to be made in
> the code?  I'll give it a go...

src/lib-storage/maildir/maildir-list.c and maildir-storage.c

Find all instances of MAILDIR_FS_SEP or MAILDIR_FS_SEP_S and if they
are added/looked at the beginning of string, remove it.

That's assuming 1.0-stable/test version. With 0.99.x I wouldn't bother,
but basically same idea except it uses '.' directly instead of those
macros.