[Dovecot] test76 segfaults?

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed Jul 6 23:12:37 EEST 2005

Hi,

I was just trying to port my dspam plugin to the latest test release but
ran into trouble so I decided to test the code itself first.

I have the following maildir:
johannes:~/.mail$ find
.
./cur
./new
./new/test
./tmp
./.SPAM
./.SPAM/cur
./.SPAM/new
./.SPAM/tmp

Now I run
$ exec /usr/sbin/dovecot --exec-mail imap
* PREAUTH [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SORT THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT LITERAL+ IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS] Logged in as johannes
A SELECT INBOX
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft \*)] Flags permitted.
* 1 EXISTS
* 1 RECENT
* OK [UNSEEN 1] First unseen.
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1120680468] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 2] Predicted next UID
A OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.
B COPY 1 SPAM
imap(johannes): Error: Corrupted index file /home/johannes/.mail/.SPAM/dovecot.index: uid_validity = 0, next_uid = 2
Segmentation fault

However, it actually did copy something:
johannes:~/.mail$ find
.
./cur
./cur/test:2,
./new
./tmp
./.SPAM
./.SPAM/cur
./.SPAM/new
./.SPAM/new/1120680473.P1535Q0M900310.johannes
./.SPAM/tmp
./.SPAM/dovecot.index
./.SPAM/dovecot-uidlist
./.SPAM/dovecot-uidlist.lock
./.SPAM/dovecot.index.log.2
./.SPAM/dovecot.index.log
./dovecot.index.log
./dovecot.index
./dovecot.index.cache
./dovecot-uidlist

The mail in that, for reference, is just this:
---