[Dovecot] io leak when dnotify is enabled but not available

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Fri Jul 8 14:32:26 EEST 2005

Hi,

When dnotify is enabled, but not in the kernel, there's an io leak:

$ /sbin/dovecot --exec-mail imap
* PREAUTH [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SORT THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT LITERAL+ IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS] Logged in as johannes
a select inbox
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft \*)] Flags permitted.
* 787 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1106061449] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 790] Predicted next UID
a OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.
b IDLE
imap(johannes): Error: fcntl(F_NOTIFY) failed: Invalid argument
imap(johannes): Error: fcntl(F_NOTIFY) failed: Invalid argument
+ idling
DONE
b OK Idle completed.
q logout
* BYE Logging out
q OK Logout completed.
imap(johannes): Warning: I/O leak: 0x10068ff0 (8)

Attached patch fixes it, I hope the patch is correct :)

johannes