[Dovecot] verbose pop3 logging

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 12 17:53:10 EEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 15:24 +0200, Ilo Lorusso wrote:
> Hi Im new to dovecot and am looking for some options in
> the /etc/dovecot.conf
> to make dovecot a bit more verbose in terms pop3 usage,
>
> What ip a user is coming from?

auth_verbose = yes should show that.

> How many mails the user downloaded?

Latest 1.0-test releases support reporting this.

> Timing?

What does this mean? If you just want login+logout lines, then 1.0-test
writes it.

> Errors occurred while downloading mail??

Dovecot's internal errors are logged, and I think with 1.0-tests it also
logs the reason why connection was closed. Is something else needed?