[Dovecot] migration from bincimap to dovecot (imaps)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 12 19:11:52 EEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 17:08 +0200, Andrea Riela wrote:
> >> Well, now the authentication is ok, but when I try to connect to
> >> mailbox I receive an error like "IMAP command SELECT failed".
> >
> > Well, that error message isn't very helpful. Dovecot writes the real
> > error message to its log file (/var/log/mail.log or similar usually).
> > Check what it says there.
> >

> uhmm ...
> my log file is /var/log/dovecot.log, and it says only:
>
> dovecot: Jul 11 12:10:39 Info: Dovecot starting up
> imap-login: Jul 11 12:11:23 Info: Login: test at domain.dom [192.168.17.23]

Oh. Then it's trying to send a SELECT command for non-existing mailbox.
Were you using Maildir++ layout before with BINC? What IMAP client are
you using? You'll probably have to change IMAP namespace prefix in
configuration, or maybe flush some client cache. See the first chapter
in http://wiki.dovecot.org/moin.cgi/MissingMailboxes