[Dovecot] Minor bugs still in test77

Chris Wakelin c.d.wakelin at reading.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 18:49:44 EEST 2005

Thinking of patches I always apply, I've got a couple (attached) that
fix minor bugs and maybe should be applied - or implemented better and
then applied ;) - to the main distribution?

1) LIST bugs:

LIST "~/mail/" ""

and

LIST "" "~/mail/"

(where "~/mail/" is a namespace prefix) don't reply the same way as
UW-IMAP does and in at least the first case, still violates the spec
(your fix breaks, as namespace_find() modifies its argument)

The second issue breaks Pine 4.x, I think.

2) Angle-addresses

If a header address is just "<someone at somewhere.org>" rather than
"Someone <someone at somewhere.org>" or "someone at somewhere.org", then the
FETCH ... ENVELOPE command responds with "" as the personal name, rather
than NIL, which may confuse clients (without being wrong, technically, I
think).

(In case anyone's interested, I also use patches to:

1) fix the 64bit issue mentioned earlier today
2) introduce extra logging of LIST, SUBSCRIBE and UNSUBSCRIBE (for
debugging during our migration from UW-IMAP)
3) rename .subscriptions to .mailboxlist and store folder names in it
including the namespace prefix (to emulate UW-IMAP)
4) implement a Reading-specific hashing algorithm for the mail spool
location as an extra variable modifier "%H" (e.g.
"/export/mail/%Hu/%u/INBOX")
5) remove the need for /dev/urandom, which isn't available on our mail
server (though there is a Solaris patch available to create it).
6) add an option to hide "AUTH=PLAIN" in the CAPABILITY string as Pine
4.x complains loudly when this is advertised on a non-SSL connection

)

Best Wishes,
Chris

--
Christopher Wakelin,                           c.d.wakelin at reading.ac.uk
IT Services Centre, The University of Reading,  Tel: +44 (0)118 378 8439
Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 2AF, UK              Fax: +44 (0)118 975 3094